Twose of Tiverton (est. 1830) is to merge with its sister company McConnel (est. 1935) - combining the skills and resources of two of the most illustrious names in British agricultural engineering.
The move, which will take place on 1st May 2016, will see the creation of a specialist Grassland and Arable Machinery Division resulting in a wider product offering which will generate new opportunities for growth.
Twose’s comprehensive range of cultivation and farm machinery, including its market-leading range of agricultural folding rollers will be added into McConnel’s arable and seeding machinery portfolio - enabling the company to offer a one-stop shop for all of its agricultural and green maintenance machinery products.
The major benefits to our overseas distributors, dealers and customers will be :
- The creation of a one-stop shop for the products of the two famous companies Twose and McConnel within a newly created Grassland and Arable Machinery Division
- Newly formed specialist sales and technical support teams to assist all customers
- An increase in dealer coverage across the UK along with additional overseas distributors for sales, service, and spare parts
- Increased promotional activities leveraging the McConnel and Twose brands whilst respecting their proud historical heritage
- To avail additional investment in the research and development to ensure a steady flow of new products
These changes will be seamless for distributors, dealers and customers.
Twose products will now bear the Twose Classic Line brand.
All Grassland and Arable machinery will be produced at the Alamo Manufacturing Service’s multi-million pound production facility at Salford Priors, whilst the hedge and verge cutting machinery will continue to be manufactured at the award-winning Ludlow factory.
Alamo Group Europe – UK Agricultural Division’s General Manager Christian Davies said: “The establishment of a new Grassland and Arable machinery division is an exciting development for our agricultural group”.
The new sales team for Twose and McConnel comprises:
Machinery Sales Manager - McConnel Grassland & Arable Machinery and Power Arms
Tel: 01584 873131
Mobile: 07803 498529
In-field Territory Sales Managers – Grassland Arable Machinery
Northern England & Scotland
Mobile: 07831 529583
Mobile: 07968 424441
Mobile: 07767 208121
Mobile: 07803 498529